Why the Amalfi Coast is the Perfect Place for a Wedding
If you’re looking to get married in the Mediterranean, few destinations are classier than Italy’s Amalfi Coast. It’s one of Europe’s most photographed destinations; with deep blue waters, craggy coastlines and quaint villages, seemingly tumbling down the cliffs towards the sea.
Here’s a few more reasons to start looking at this area for your big day.
- The beauty of the landscape. Looking for the perfect landscape? Get married at Villa Rufolo in the mountain town of Ravello, and you’ll have the gorgeous backdrop of the extensive coastline, framed by lush trees and flowers. Alternatively, if you prefer bustling streets, the charismatic town of Amalfi, with its winding cobblestoned alleyways, provides plenty of atmosphere.
- Amazing food. The Amalfi Coast is not only famous for the Neapolitan pizza (invented in Naples, which is just a short drive away); it’s also fabulous for several other foods too. Your guests will love the freshly grilled fish, flavoursome risottos and fried anchovies. As for drink? You’re not only spoiled for choice with the local wines, but there’s also the regional favourite – limoncello.
- Great venues. There’s a huge variety of venues in this part of Italy; from ancient monasteries to elegant villas; and Moorish houses to luxurious hotels. Whatever theme you want your wedding to have; whether it’s upmarket opulence or rustic charm, you’re bound to find it here. If you can, try to find a venue that capitalises on the amazing views of the surrounding shore.
- The glorious scent of the Italian coast. There’s something immediately recognisable about the scent of this part of the world. Wander through the streets of Positano, for example, and you’ll notice the subtle smell of citrus fruits, combined with fragrant herbs like myrtle and rosemary. Echo this irresistible scent by wearing a perfume similar to Neroli Portofino, which you can find at Copycat Fragrances.
- A bit of everything. Many people, when they think of Italian weddings, picture the iconic gondolas of Venice or the picturesque countryside of Tuscany. However, if you’re looking for a wedding venue that serves perfectly as a honeymoon destination too, the Amalfi Coast is an excellent choice. It’s got beaches (notably at Maori and Minori, though there are plenty of secret coves too), places to visit nearby (Herculaneum and Pompeii, not to mention Naples), and it’s relatively easy for guests to get to.
- Choice of locations. The Amalfi Coast is geared up to weddings, and as such, there are several beautiful locations to choose from. Focus your search on places like Amalfi (the cathedral is spectacular if you’re looking for something truly jaw-dropping), Sorrento, Positano, Capri or Atrani.
- Gorgeous weather. We strongly recommend booking your wedding out of season, to avoid the summer crowds. April to June is the ideal time; especially as the weather is warm and pleasant, without being too unbearably hot. It’s the ideal temperature for the bride and bridesmaids to wear fresh, lightweight dresses