Put A Little ‘Ho Ho Ho’ Into Your I Do’s!
Festive Ideas For Your December Wedding
I am sure a lot of couples aren’t in favour of having their wedding during the month of December. But, we think it is a wonderful idea, especially if the venue complements the season.
When family and friends come to Blame Her Ranch (BHR) in New Mexico, everyone says, “It looks like Santa’s workshop in here.” Sure, we are extremely lucky that the main lodge is constructed with rustic logs and individual log cabins which is a good start towards this endeavor. But, both Steve and I have always been excited about the holiday’s and have a tendency to go overboard in dressing up the house with every Christmas decoration you can imagine.
It all starts with our 14 foot Christmas tree with over 500 ornaments, over 10,000 outdoor lights, 10 foot wooden soldiers at the front door, 10 stockings hung over the massive fireplace, our stuffed bear dressed as Santa, the barn specifically decorated a-la the movie National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, plus a fully decorated front entrance that gets you in the spirit. It is unfortunate we only have still pictures to show you of the ranch in this article, but check out our Christmas video highlighting the entire ranch on YouTube (youtu.be/h2MErZs7glw).
When visiting your venue be sure to ask what they will be doing to enhance the space in the festive period. There is no reason not to ask and remember all of these decorations add to the joy and excitement your guests will feel on your wedding day. And it might even save you money on expensive deocrations you would otherwise have to pay for at a different time of year.
Beyond the venue decorations and the magical spirit it provides for your wedding, here are a few christmassy wedding ideas that can go even further:
It is not too late to begin planning, but the holiday’s are always a busy time, so book your venue now. If this does not make your wedding memorable and put you in the spirit of the holidays, then all we can say is, “Bah Humbug.”
1. Christmas pyjamas for the wedding party.
2. Festive themed invitations.
3. Tons and tons of evergreen garlands.
4. Festive signature cocktails.
5. Tree-shaped canapés.
6. Personalised tree ornaments for your guests.
7. Personalised Christmas stockings at everyone’s place setting.
8. Take-home egg nog, chilled and ready to drink in old fashion milk bottles.
9. Christmassy iced biscuits, monogramed with the couples initials.
10. Modify the lyrics to your favorite holiday song – make it about YOU!
11. Personalised holiday socks with the couples faces for the groomsmen.
12. Mistletoe kissing stations – don’t forget to use mistletoe during your wedding vows!